Over nine decades ago on March 26, 1923, The Shelby Company was founded in Shelby, Ohio. Shelby was located on Mack Avenue in a few thousand square feet in The Shelby Electric Lamp Works building, which contained well over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
In the early 1930’s, Shelby relocated to Cleveland in a building on West 117th Street and Madison Avenue. As Shelby grew, the company required additional manufacturing space and in the early 1950’s moved and rented a space on West 150th Street, across from National City Bank’s Operations Center. In 1968, Shelby built a new, permanent home which remains to this day, in Westlake, Ohio.
Shelby strives to create a culture that encourages a caring attitude towards our employees, customers and suppliers.
- Exceed our customer expectations
- Produce the highest quality products
- Conduct our business in a highly ethical manner
- Maintain an enjoyable, team-oriented work environment
- Provide proper training for our employees
- Work closely with our suppliers
- Continually improve operating efficiency
- Provide support to our local community
- Maintain a sound financial position